Under a lead gray sky on rainy days and intense blue on sunny mornings, the capital city receives daily national and foreign visitors who come to Bogotá with the interest of participating in conventions, congresses or professional training events. If this is the case for you and your next travel destination is the capital city, the following tips will allow you to better organize your schedule and get the most out of your stay:
• Before traveling, make a conscious budget for your travel and consumption expenses, and other eventualities that could arise unexpectedly. A checklist will be very helpful.
• Find out about the weather before you travel and pack the appropriate clothing for your event. The temperature in Bogotá ranges between 13 ° C and 18 ° C, at night it can drop to lower levels. Keep in mind that the driest months are January, February, March, and December. The rainiest April, May, September, October and November.
• Make sure you choose a hotel with a strategic location that allows you to be closer to the place of your event or that at least has easy access to the different means of transport in the city. This will help you optimize your time moving from one site to another.
• Charge your mobile devices, cell phone, tablet or computer, in advance if you need them and do not forget to always carry your battery charger.
• Be clear about the location of your event, find out in advance about the traffic flow in the city and try to arrive at least 15 minutes before the scheduled time. If you have a mobile device, help yourself with your GPS system.
• In the case of training activities, choose light and energizing meals at breakfast, in such a way that they allow you to maintain concentration during the day.
• In training events, study your program or the theme to be covered in the event. Read in detail the content of all the communications that are presented in this regard. Leave nothing to improvisation and keep an open mind to knowledge.
• In Bogotá, cultures from all over the country and the world come together, therefore, do not miss the opportunity to meet new people during your event, integrate and interact with the participants. Allow yourself to expand your professional circle, you will be surprised by the wonderful people you will meet.
• Once the event is over and in the comfort of your hotel or on your way home, prepare a document in which everything that seems of interest to you is recorded: relevant presentations, possible research data to open in the future, Emails of the people you have contacted, websites of interest, etc.